Isabela Merced, formerly known as Isabela Moner, is an American actress and singer. Merced was born on July 10, 2001, in Cleveland, Ohio, United States. Her mother, Katherine, is of Peruvian descent, and her father, Patrick, is of American and German descent.
Merced began her career in the entertainment industry at a young age. She made her Broadway debut at the age of 10 in a production of “Evita.” She then transitioned to film and television, appearing in various commercials and guest roles on TV shows.
In 2014, Merced gained wider recognition for her role as CJ Martin on the Nickelodeon television series “100 Things to Do Before High School.” Her performance received positive reviews, and she was nominated for a Young Artist Award for her contribution to the show.
Merced’s breakthrough role came in 2018 when she starred as the lead character, Isabel Reyes, in the film “Sicario: Day of the Soldado.” The same year, she played the iconic character Dora in the live-action adaptation of the popular children’s television series “Dora the Explorer,” titled “Dora and the Lost City of Gold.” The film further established her as a rising star in the industry.
Aside from acting, Merced is also a talented singer. She has released several songs, including “I’ll Stay,” which was featured in the soundtrack of “Instant Family,” a film in which she also appeared. Merced has showcased her musical abilities through performances on various platforms.
Throughout her career, Isabela Merced has received critical acclaim for her acting skills, versatility, and ability to portray complex characters. She continues to pursue both acting and music, with promising projects on the horizon.
Isabella Merced Movies and TV Shows
Isabela Merced has appeared in several movies and TV shows throughout her career. Here are some notable examples:
- Sicario: Day of the Soldado (2018) – Played the role of Isabel Reyes, the daughter of a Mexican drug cartel member.
- Instant Family (2018) – Portrayed the character Lizzy, one of the foster children taken in by a couple played by Mark Wahlberg and Rose Byrne.
- Dora and the Lost City of Gold (2019) – Starred as Dora, the adventurous teenage version of the popular children’s character Dora the Explorer.
- Let It Snow (2019) – Appeared as Julie Reyes in this romantic comedy based on the book of the same name by John Green, Maureen Johnson, and Lauren Myracle.
- Sweet Girl (2021) – Played the role of Rachel Cooper, the daughter of a man seeking revenge for his wife’s death.
- 100 Things to Do Before High School (2014-2016) – Portrayed the character CJ Martin, one of the main characters on this Nickelodeon comedy series.
- Legends of the Hidden Temple (2016) – Appeared as Sadie in a TV movie adaptation of the classic Nickelodeon game show.
- Splitting Up Together (2018) – Guest-starred as Paige on this ABC sitcom.
- Big City Greens (2018-present) – Provides the voice for the character of Melissa on this Disney Channel animated series.
Isabella Merced Net Worth
Isabela Merced is an American actress and singer. Her net worth is estimated to be around $3 million as of 2023[. She is best known for her role as CJ Martin in the Nickelodeon television series “100 Things To Do Before High School” and for starring in the 2019 film version of “Dora and the Lost City of Gold”. Merced has won and been nominated for several popular awards throughout her career in the entertainment industry, including the Imagen Awards, CinemaCon Award, and Young Entertainers Award.