Ashley Walters Biography
Table of Contents
Ashley Walters, whose full name is Ashley Anthony David Walters, is a British actor, rapper, and producer known for his work in film, television, and music. Born on June 30, 1982, in Peckham, London, England, he has had a diverse and successful career in the entertainment industry. Here’s a brief biography of Ashley Walters:
Early Life: Ashley Walters grew up in the tough neighborhoods of South London. He had a challenging upbringing, including involvement in street gangs and criminal activities during his youth. However, he eventually turned his life around and focused on pursuing a career in the arts.
Music Career: Ashley Walters initially gained recognition as a member of the British garage and hip-hop collective known as So Solid Crew in the late 1990s and early 2000s. The group achieved chart success with songs like “21 Seconds.” Walters was known by his stage name “Asher D” during his music career.
Ashley Walters Movies and TV Shows
Walters transitioned into acting and quickly made a name for himself in the industry. Some of his notable acting roles include:
- “Bullet Boy” (2004): Ashley Walters gained critical acclaim for his lead role as Ricky in this British drama film, which explored the challenges faced by a young man trying to escape the cycle of violence and crime.
- “Top Boy” (2011, 2019): He starred as Dushane in this British crime drama series, which gained a cult following and addressed issues related to drug trafficking and life in East London.
- “Inside Men” (2012): Walters played the role of Chris in this BBC miniseries about a heist.
- “Small Axe” (2020): He appeared in the episode “Education” of this anthology series created by Steve McQueen, which examined the experiences of West Indian immigrants in London.
- “Bulletproof” (2018-present): Ashley Walters stars alongside Noel Clarke in this British television series as police officers working in London.
Personal Life: Ashley Walters has been open about his past involvement in criminal activities and has spoken about how he turned his life around. He has also been an advocate for addressing issues related to youth violence and gang culture in the UK.
Walters’ career has been marked by his versatility as an artist, successfully transitioning from music to acting while maintaining a strong presence in both fields. His talent and dedication have made him a respected figure in the British entertainment industry.
Ashley Walters Net Worth
His net worth is between $5million to $20million according to multiple resources.