Lawrence Stroll Wiki
Table of Contents
Lawrence Stroll is a Canadian billionaire businessman and a prominent figure in the world of motorsport. He was born on November 11, 1959, in Montreal, Quebec, Canada.
Stroll started his career in the fashion industry, where he made a fortune by investing in well-known luxury brands such as Pierre Cardin, Ralph Lauren, and Tommy Hilfiger. He later sold his stake in Tommy Hilfiger for a reported $1.2 billion in 2006.
Stroll’s passion for motorsport led him to invest heavily in the industry. In 2018, he led a consortium that purchased the Force India Formula One team, renaming it Racing Point F1. He also invested in the Aston Martin brand and became the executive chairman of Aston Martin Lagonda Global Holdings plc in 2020. Additionally, he is the owner of the Circuit Mont-Tremblant in Quebec, Canada.
Stroll’s son, Lance Stroll, is a Canadian Formula One driver who currently races for the Aston Martin Cognizant Formula One team. Lawrence Stroll’s involvement in motorsport has not only helped his son’s career but has also brought him immense success and recognition in the industry.
Lawrence Stroll Net Worth
According to Forbes, Lawrence Stroll’s net worth is estimated at $3.6 billion currently. He is also known for his philanthropic efforts and has donated millions to charitable causes, including the CHU Sainte-Justine children’s hospital in Montreal.
Lawrence Stroll Business
- In addition to his involvement in the fashion and motorsport industries, Stroll has also invested in real estate. He is the owner of a luxury villa in Mustique, a private island in the Caribbean.
- Stroll’s interest in motorsport began in the 1990s when he started racing in the Ferrari Challenge series. He also competed in the 24 Hours of Le Mans in 2016.
- In 2011, Stroll was appointed to the board of directors of the Pierre Cardin fashion house, one of the companies he invested in early on in his career.
- Stroll’s purchase of the Aston Martin brand in 2020 was seen as a significant move for both the company and the Formula One industry, as it marked the return of the historic British marque to the F1 grid after a hiatus of 61 years.
- Stroll is known for his love of vintage cars and is reported to have one of the world’s most impressive collections. He has been seen driving classic Ferraris, Bugattis, and other rare vehicles at events such as the Goodwood Festival of Speed.
- In 2021, Stroll and his wife Claire-Anne made a significant donation to the McGill University Health Centre in Montreal. It was to support the construction of a new hospital building. The donation was one of the largest in the hospital’s history, and the new building will be named after the Stroll family.
Lawrence Stroll Wife and Son
Lawrence S. Stroll is currently married to Raquel Stroll, a Brazilian fashion designer. He was formerly married to Claire-Anne Stroll before they divorced. They both have a son and a daughter, Lance Stroll and Chloe Stroll.